March 18, 2013

It's Bluebonnet Time!

I took the kids and went to scout out the bluebonnets.  I have seen them popping up alongside the highway here in Houston, so I packed up the kids and headed to Brenham, TX.  Brenham is famous for two things, Blue Bell Ice Cream and bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. 


The unusual part was all my favorite hot spots this year, very empty.  Hoping the next few weeks brings them out in droves.  A little rain might help, keeping my fingers crossed for that.


There was one spot that I hit that did not disappoint, a field behind a bunch of commercial buildings.  It's behind the La Quinta.


Somehow, Colton turned on the charm for the pictures.  It might have been the promise of ice cream later. 


Overall, a very successful day.  I cannot wait to go out again.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing my boys try to chase butterflies in fields full of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...