August 7, 2012

Anonymous Commenting

I don't know about any of you other bloggers out there that are getting spammed, but it's driving me crazy and it is something that just recently started happening.  I am getting "Anonymous" comments that aren't posting to the blog, but hitting my e-mail directly.  They are all very vague or talk about issues with blogging and then attempt to get me to click a link.  Of course, I don't actually go to any of the links. 

The crazy part, they look exactly like they would if it was a real comment from an anonymous person commenting on my blog.  Take a look.


Is anyone else dealing with this?  How do you handle it? 

For the time being, I am just going to turn off Anonymous commenting, so if anything hits my inbox like this, I will just delete it and not worry about reading it.  I know that it might keep some people from commenting, but know that it is because I really would like to avoid getting hacked or get any type of virus.

1 comment:

  1. I've only had it happen to me once. Didn't show up in the blog itself but only into my email. I thought we had a spam detector is why it possibly did not show up in the blog itself.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...