July 24, 2011

Contest Entries

My MIL informed me that Vermont Magazine was doing a last call for entries for their annual photography contest.  The photos needed to be taken in the last two years and had to represent Vermont in any season.  The photos I submitted were for winter.  Shortly after I started my blog, I documented the many covered bridges that I got to see on our family trip to visit the in-laws.  Unfortunately, even though covered bridges scream Vermont to me, none of them really screamed the perfect winter scene.  The photos below did convey the Vermont winter that I wanted to showcase.

The first photo was a sunrise photo after being snowed in from a nor'easter storm.  The view is from the deck of my in-laws in Windham, VT and the hill in the background is Gibbs Hill. 


Nothing says winter more than a kid and a sled.  My son learned to sled on this trip and he had a blast with it.  This photo just makes my heart melt.


I saved my best for last.  I have always loved photos of doors and these just looked perfect with the freshly fallen snow.  That beautiful red, the warmth of the wood contrasting against the snow is just perfect! 


Wish me luck on the contest.  I am sure they will have hundreds of great entries...I just hope one of mine makes it to the top.
If you want to see some of my awesome bridge photos, check them out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...