July 6, 2011

A Quick Fix

So have you ever had something happen that you just weren't sure how to fix?  Of course you have!  My teenage years were littered with moments like that.  Well, since this past weekend I had my birthday party, the whole week prior was spent fixing or hiding things we didn't want to be seen by party guests.  This "blemish" on a coffee table in our entryway was one of those.


This is what happened after a medicine ball sat on the table for a few days.  Ahhh, so much about chemistry that I just don't understand.  There was some crazy reaction between the rubberish material of the medicine ball and the stain.  I have NO idea how to strip and restain this to get the exact color of all the matching pieces near it.  So, I covered it up...with wax paper.


It was sticky, I had to.  But, that's not all that I covered it with.  I busted out a cute table runner to cover it all up.  The wax paper was used to keep any of the sticky stain from sticking to my fabric.


Didn't it turn out cute?  My hubby has requested that I make a table runner for the buffet that matches. 


This is what the party guests saw.  Ahhh...no one saw the ugly blemish and until I figure out exactly how I am going to tackle the actual problem, this quick and cute fix will have to do.

1 comment:

  1. I had that same thing happen to me. I think we should write to the companies and tell them their "Balls" should come with a warning! Not sure why there isn't a chemical reaction to my wood floors? Guess they have a different finish. Thank goodness. But I'm not happy about the 2 spots on my beautiful file chest. Grrr

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...