December 28, 2012

The Gift of Glass

Each year, I like to make gifts for teachers, close friends and family.  This year I mass produced stained glass Christmas lightbulb ornaments that were given to teachers and my close friends.

I think they turned out great.  I used one of my Cricut Christmas cartridges to make the template.  I made 10 and gave away all but one.


I had to keep one to put on my tree.  I kept one of the aqua colored one and it looked amazing.  I love how textured glass catches the light.  On the left, no light bouncing off the front, on the right, how it looks when the light catches it.


I also tried making a paperweight for my mother-in-law.  For my first attempt, I was very proud of it.


The seashells and sand came from the beach that is a favorite of us both: Ridgevale Beach, Chatham, MA.  I used four different kinds of glass.  Clear with ripple, white and milk swirl, aqua with ripple and dark blue.  I cut enough glass to finish one for myself and plan on doing that soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...