May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I know, I know...a day late, but I was enjoying my awesome weekend and wasn't spending much time on the computer.  I hope you all had a great Mother's day out, mine was amazing.  First I was surprised with my present the night before, the last of the Easy Wood Tools.  I got the hollower, it's used to hollow out the inside of a bowl when turning it on the lathe.  Incredibly useful if I want to turn a bowl with a smaller opening.  I also received a super cute handprinted apron from Maben, along with a card and a painting (all received at the various Mother's day parties at his preschool). 


Can you tell that Maben totally rocked a remake of Van Gogh's Sunflowers?  I am framing it and hanging it in my art room.  Back to my Mother's day awesomeness.  Hubby let me sleep in while he ran to get donuts and taking care of the kids.  Sleeping in that extra hour...awesome!  We had a lovely morning just hanging out and then Matt let me take off to go for a run.  I am currently training to do my very first 5k and have yet to pound the pavement, just been doing the treadmill.  So I ran, came home, showered and then was treated to lunch at Cici's Pizza.  Came home, took a short nap and Matt was doing the laundry for me.  (Don't I have an amazing husband?)  I made what I wanted for dinner, BBQ bacon Hawaiian burgers and corn on the cob.  YUM!  Then I hung out with hubby and watched tv after the kiddos went to bed.  Oh, I forgot to throw in there that I made hubby take a few photos of me with the kids, since I am NEVER in any photos.



Seriously, the best day ever!  I also have to tell you about how amazing my mom and grandmother are.  My grandmother helped raise me.  I use to spend my summers with my grandparents from the time I was 5 up until I moved in with them when I was in high school.  My grandmother is the one who really cultivated my love for crafting.  Her yarn closet would make anyone drool.  That's right, I said CLOSET, an entire one dedicated to nothing but yarn.  She and I would spend hours at Michaels or Joanns and she never told me that we couldn't get a new craft for me to try.  Under her watch, I learned how to do plastic canvas, sand painting, fabric painting, beading, etc.  She is a beautiful woman, both inside and out.  Just check out how beautiful she was back in the day.


I am disappointed that I can no longer wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day.  It seems like she has been gone forever, but at other times not very long at all.  She passed over a year ago and deeply missed.  My mom was an amazing woman, raising six kids and always maintaining a clean house (I still have no idea how she did that).  She will be remembered as being the biggest cheerleader that any of us kids ever had.  She would cheer louder and prouder than any other parent out there.  She was also very involved with all of us, being a coach or girl scout leader or den mother, etc.  She always knew what was going on.  I miss her and think of her often.


She was also a beautiful person both inside and out.  She had a great spirit about her and I just have to show you another photo of her from back in the day.


I also have to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my sister Julie and my Aunt Karen.  My sister and I have grown so much closer since our mother's death and I am so grateful that we have.  We talk often and I love it when we do.  Julie is an awesome listener and loves to laugh.  I love the nights when we stay up late and laugh until we cry.  It doesn't happen often enough.  She is an awesome mom too!  So I have to show off a photo of her with our mom.


Now, my Aunt Karen has been so awesome because she taught me a lot of those lessons that parents are too afraid to even mention to their kids (and I am not going to mention them here).  She taught me how to read people and not to take everything at face value.  I love talking to her, because she gives the BEST ADVICE EVER and is so down to earth and fun.


My aunt really pushed me to be a better person and try harder.  She is the reason why I graduated high school a year early, a decision in which I have no regret.  She also gave me some of my rocking parenting skills by letting me observe her with my cousins and letting me babysit them occasionally. 


Now that I have done my shout outs, I will wrap it up.  I hope all you moms and moms to be out there had a wonderful day.  I hope you helped celebrate some of the specials moms out there, and even the ones that were your honorary moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...