January 9, 2011

Point of View

Friday, the sky over Texas was quite beautiful.  Of course it was signaling a cold front coming, but still just beautiful.  My boys and I decided to take full advantage of it and play in the yard and sidewalk chalk the driveway.  While doing this, I was trying to figure out the best way to capture the stunning sky and so I laid down and looked up.  It was then that one of my boys jumped on my stomach and I realized what a cool background the sky was.  This is when I busted out my camera and started taking some photos.

A little side note and being technical.  When taking photographs from this angle, where you are looking up at your subject from lower ground is called "worm's eye view."  If you are use to just snapping photos of your kids from a head on or slightly elevated angle, try getting down low.  Get on their level or lower and you will get a great view and perspective on how they see things.


Colton showing me, "Up!"  He wanted me to see the sky and clouds.  He is 15 months old and very curious about his surroundings right now.


Maben was riding on my feet like an airplane.  This was the only way I could get him to be "almost" still long enough for me to get a good shot of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...