June 18, 2011

Family Tree

A cute spin on the family tree...or as my husband put it, the family stump.  I saw this idea somewhere, I am horrible and cannot remember where.  Of course I saw it before I finally caved and got a Pinterest account. If anyone can provide me with the where, please let me know so I can credit it.


I made this for my husband as one of his Father's Day Gifts.  It occurred to me that we really carved out our own place on the family tree by having kids, which is why I was inspired to do this.  It was really easy and doesn't take much talent.  I took a pencil and drew out my design first on watercolor paper.  I made sure to include our initials in the heart with the year we were married.  The kids each got their own leaf with the year they joined our family.  I took some sharpies and outlined my design in the colors I wanted.  Erased the pencil markings and then painted it in with watercolor.  See, super easy...give it a try!

I framed it in a wooden frame I picked up on clearance.  So, what do you think of it all put together?  Are you going to give it a try?  If you do, I would love to see it!


Linking this up.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...