March 6, 2012

Photo 366 #10

The further along I get with my Photo 366, the more I realize that my real passion in photography is everything that mother nature has to offer.  I actually laughed at my husband when way back in the day he told me I would be a nature photographer.  I guess he could see what sparked a passion in me, even before I could.

February 28 - The boys and I traveled to Bear Creek Pioneers Park.  It's a great park with ball fields, soccer fields, a playground, tennis courts and lots of rescued animals.  This buffalo was actually cooperative for photos that day.  Usually they are so far from the fence, that even with my 300mm lens, they look tiny.  I am so happy I got to finally photograph this beast up close and even happier that he didn't charge when Colton tried to get a rise out of him by kicking the fence.


February 29 - The kids and I ventured out to the Houston Audubon Society for their Titmouse Club to learn all about ladybugs.  While we were there, the turtles were out sunbathing.  How nice of them to line up in ascending size order.


March 1 - My leucistic red-tailed hawk.  Yup, I call him mine.  I figured if I have been fortunate enough to have him show himself to me so many times that he is my buddy.  I will definitely be keeping tabs on this beautiful guy.


March 2 - I hadn't taken a decent photo all day, so I looked around my house completely covered in toys.  Boy toys.  What's more of a boy toy than legos.  A small capture of chaos that was the state of my house that night.


March 3 - Another stained glass class under my belt and I am getting closer to having my window complete.  I have started the soldering of this piece.  I need to finish it and possibly reinforce it, then lay it in either a zinc channel or wood channel. 


March 4 - It's bluebonnet time!  I am so excited.  They are out early this year and so the boys and I went out scouting.  We definitely found some early bloomers and lots of butterflies.  The butterfly on this one seems to match the bluebonnet and indian paintbrush.  It's called a pipevine swallowtail.


March 5 - I love a daytime moon, especially one this close to being full. 

2 comments:

  1. Can't say I have ever seen a live Buffalo. Where are its wings? :P I name the turtles, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love that butterfly! I found a Palamedes Swallowtail on Easter when I was in Louisiana. http://www.sewrockin.com/2012/04/09/project-365-day-98-palamedes-swallowtail/

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...