August 24, 2011

Favorite Photo Tuesday #20...on Wednesday

Yeah, I totally flaked.  I had every intention of putting up a photo yesterday and it just didn't happen.  I have been so super busy and just trying to find my grove with the massive shift in my schedule because of school starting back up.  I am hoping that I will find it quickly.

So, I am sure many of you out there have heard about the massive drought here in Texas.  Well, tonight we had a good thunderstorm roll through that brought with it LOTS of lightening.  Well, I captured lightning in a photo!!!  I have always wanted to do that.  Now I have!!!  It makes me so giddy.  With my house being totally surrounded by trees I wasn't able to get a clear shot of the lightening, but I will take what I can get.


I used my tripod and set up on my front porch, which is covered (otherwise I would have gotten soaked).  I used a very slow shutter speed in order to make sure I could even have a chance at catching some lightening and it worked.  It took about 75 shots in order to get it, but that's what makes digital so awesome!  If you look carefully, you can even see bolts of lightening behind the trees too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...