June 19, 2012

Photo 366 #25

Summer has greeted us this year in a much kinder fashion than last year.  We have had some afternoon showers, temperatures where you can actually enjoy the weather outside.  Last year was such a stark difference than this year.  Last year it was super hot, lots of record breaking days and a record drought.  I didn't enjoy being outside very often, but this year it has been different and I am thankful for it.

June 12 - Bang!  Animal knows how to play dead.


June 13 - Another beautiful pincushion flower from my garden.  I love these flowers.  So cool.


June 14 - This pair of Inca doves have been frequenting my backyard for the past few months.  I'm normally not a big fan of doves, but these ones I find rather beautiful and fun to watch.  They seem like such a loving pair.


June 15 - I told the boys that we were getting ready to go play in the water.  Well, Colton jumped the gun while I was getting ready and when I came in the bathroom he said, "I play in the water!"  My whole bathroom was covered!!!  I just had to laugh and grab the camera.


June 16 - Saw this skipper at the local garden center while shopping for plants. 


June 17 - Happy Father's Day!  My boys enjoying some family time at the pool.  One of the only pics I got of all the boys that day.


June 18 - Such a beautiful sunset.  I looked outside and saw that glow...the glow that I knew a great sunset was happening.  I ran upstairs to shoot a few photos of it.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! That Sunset is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer has been the exact opposite of ours here. It has been hot, hot, hot. And we have only gotten .05 inches of rain this month. We are in a serious drought. It's been too hot to get outside much and do anything, and our lawn has already gone dormant and turned brown. I'm glad there are still places in the country where it is possible to enjoy the summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, when I mean weather that I can handle, I'm talking mid to low 90's. This is south Texas...and last year we had more record breaking hot highs and lows (there was one night it didn't drop below 80) than any other year on record.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...