June 11, 2012

SYTYC and a Sign

I am so honored to announce that my bird feeder (yup, I did the bird feeder) took first place in the audition round!  There were a lot of great crafts that I was competing against, so I am blown away that my craft was first.  How do I follow up?  I'm a little nervous now and racking my brain on what to do next.

Well, I will try my best through the competition and hope you follow my journey in doing so.  You won't see my week one craft for a couple weeks as the final week of the current season will continue at So You Think You're Crafty.  Go check it out!


I will post the full tutorial for the bird feeder on Thursday.  I hope it will answer any questions that you might have.

Now for the sign.  I was contacted by a friend of mine with a request for a sign that she saw on etsy.  I took that as my inspiration and mocked up the sign in photoshop.  Once I got the approval, I moved forward with painting and the lettering.  I think it turned out beautifully.  I used an acrylic transfer technique found all over the web.  I would point you to my original source, but it no longer exists. 


My friend is the maid of honor for a wedding and wanted to present this to the bride-to-be at the wedding shower.  The bride-to-be loved it and even the groom approved.  My husband now would like one to hang on our wall.  Maybe then we could actually remember what day we were married.  It only took us 4 years to get it right!  seriously not kidding...we are so terrible!  Hopefully the soon to be newlyweds will have better luck remembering their wedding date when their anniversary rolls around!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! As soon as I saw that bird feeder I was like "Dang. I'm not winning this week." It's ok, I don't mind taking second to such a great idea. :) Can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw your car mat and went, "Why haven't I made that before?!?!" It was great. I might have to make one for my boys. Can't wait to see what you make next.

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...