November 15, 2011

Favorite Photo Tuesday #26

This week's favorite photo was captured in my own backyard.  I was out back to check and see if some paint was dry,

saw this beauty,

ran back inside,

grabbed my camera,

ran back outside,

watched him fly away,

come back,

get bit by mosquitoes,

finally...get the shot!


This is a Red Admiral, vanessa atalanta.  They are found all over the world.  I was not successful capturing one of these guys while in Vermont this summer, which is why I was so happy to get him this time around. 

The most redeeming thing about Texas in the fall...the great butterfly migration.  Texas may not have beautiful changing leaves, it may not have more than 2 seasons, but in the fall....we get butterflies and lots of them.  Maben and I have been counting Monarchs on the way to school.  Our record is 14 Monarchs in less than a 1/4 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...