November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day

Today is a day that I proudly wear an outfit that screams I am an American with pride!  Many people think it might be tacky, but I don't care.  I am proud to show that I love my country and my freedom.  It's because of the brave men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives to protect it.  A special thanks goes out to my husband, who served in the Army, doing two tours in Iraq.

Riding on his tank, Iraq 2003-2004

I am proud that I was able to stand by you and support you.  The deployments were anything but easy, but I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else in this world.  It shaped both of our lives and our relationship.  Without it, I don't think we would be the people that we are today.

Deployment night, 2005

I want to take today to say thank you not just to my husband, but to many others.

Thank you to all of our dear friends that are still in the military and thank you to their families who support them. 

Thank you to my grandfather and Matt's grandfather who served in the Navy during WWII. 

Thank you to my Father-in-law for serving in the Army. 

Thank you to my Uncle who served in the Air Force during Vietnam. 

Thank you to my Brother-in-law, Scott for serving in the Navy.

Thank you to my brother, Dan for serving in the Coast Guard. 

Thank you to my cousins who stand proudly beside their husbands and take care of the home front when their husbands are called away.

Thank you to all the men and women who served with my husband, you all helped get him back home to me.

Thanks to everyone who has served.

Thank you to everyone who still serves.

Standing outside a Texas National Guard Armory

For anyone who has no military affiliation, please tell a Vet "Thank you."  Show your pride for your country and your freedom today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...