February 3, 2011

Layered Hearts

I made another card with layered tissue paper hearts.  The reason for so many cards?  My MOMS Club is making Valentine's cards for a local nursing home.  Why do the kids get to have all the fun?  So I decided I would make some too.


Items Needed:
Cardstock
Tissue paper
Mod Podge (you can get away with Elmer's glue if you are in a pinch)
Scissors (and a paper cutter, but that's not necessary, just useful)
Paint brush
Adhesive


The first thing you are going to do is cut out lots and lots of hearts.  It makes it easy if you cut your tissue paper in strips and then fold it accordion style.  I used a template to make sure my hearts looked nice.  Cut your hearts in various sizes.


Take your mod podge and paint brush apply it to a small area.  Stick a heart to it and then paint some mod podge on top.  Don't worry if there are a few wrinkles, it adds character!


Keep repeating until you are satisfied with how it looks.


I added a little glitter mod podge once all my hearts where in place.  Totally not necessary, but I like sparkles.  Now it just needs to dry.


While you are letting it dry (for at least a few hours, I did it overnight), clean out your brush with cold water and some dish soap.  Once it is dry, the edges of your card stock will have puckered a little, so I trim the outer edges off.


Cut some card stock to the size you want and make a card.  Then cut down the size of your paper with hearts to fit on the front of your card.


I got 4 out of my sheet of cardstock.  I then used my adhesive (I used some photo mount) and adhered the hearts to the front of my card.  Isn't it just gorgeous?


This one was by far my favorite, but that's because of that bright pink heart in full on the left side.  Next time, I will use more colors.  I am thinking this would be very pretty if done in a rainbow of colors.

I posted this up at the linky part at Skip to my Lou.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...