February 13, 2011

Preschool Class Craft: Part 2

If you are just turning in to this regularly scheduled program, you may want to catch up by checking out Part 1 located here.

I finished (or so I thought) cutting boards yesterday.  See my lovely pile of boards?


Once this was done, I got to start on the construction of the class craft.  Have you figured out what it is yet?  Well, probably not, so I will tell you.  I am building a bench with a planter box on either side of it.  You will have to stay tuned to see how the kids are going to help with this.

Anyways, onto the construction of the planter bench.  I got the plans for the planter bench here (updated link).  They are from the Minwax website.  I am assuming that someone put this together successfully, because there was a picture of it finished on their website.  I do however, have some doubts due to the experience I just had assembling one of the planter boxes and the size of the photo on their website being super small.


See, itty bitty tiny picture.  Looks can be deceiving when you shrink a photo that small and you can't enlarge it.  I had a few boards split on me and attaching those feet....completely busted two of them.  So now, I need to cut more boards.  I drilled pilot holes, followed the directions and still had complications.  I am going to make this work, either because I am stubborn or determined...the jury is still out on which. 

Here is one of the planter boxes almost completed.


And another view.  I still have to do the trim at the top, but it is coming along.


Stay tuned to see how this all comes together and how the kids are going to help me make this craft a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...